How to transfer Whatsapp chat to another phone
For those who want to abandon the use of Apple gadgets, the question always arises of how to transfer WhatsApp chats from iPhone to Android. The task also faces those who purchase a new device that works with the same operating system. This is due to the fact that synchronization of the application on 2 smartphones is impossible..
Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android.
How to transfer WhatsApp to another smartphone
To copy information from “WhatsApp” from one gadget to another, the developers have provided a backup. By default, the function is enabled automatically. The process takes place every day at 2 a.m..
Backup chat on Android
If automatic duplication of dialog data to a backup file is disabled, you can manually copy the information.
To do this, you need:
- open whatsapp;
- by clicking on the icon with 3 dots, go to the “Settings” section;
- select the “Chats” tab;
- Find the section “Chat Backup”;
- click on the green button that says “Backup”.
If the messenger files, incl. and the folder containing the backup information, WhatsApp / Database are on a removable card, you need to remove it from the old smartphone and insert it into a new.
Creating a backup of chats.
If the model used only has internal memory, you can transfer information about dialogs and contacts from one device to another in 2 ways:
- After connecting the old gadget to the computer, copy the desired folder, and then move it to the new device.
- Send files by e-mail to your address, and then download them using another device.
After moving the backups to the new smartphone, you need to follow these steps:
- Download and install WhatsApp;
- wait for a sign with a proposal to unzip the data of old dialogs;
- click the “Restore” button.
Backup chat on iPhone
On the iPhone, as well as on gadgets running Android, the received information is saved. However, such devices do not support removable flash drives, so you can transfer backup files only using a computer or sending by e-mail.
Creating a file for subsequent information recovery occurs according to the same scheme as described in the previous section. The application makes it possible to configure regular data duplication or execute it only if necessary to transfer information.
Transferring information to another phone using the cloud
To transfer information from the old gadget to the new one using the Google cloud service, just back up to your account.
To do this, you need:
- repeat the first 4 steps from the instructions to save information on the device;
- follow the link “Google Account” and select the proposed option or add a new one;
- Click on “Backup to Google Drive” and set the desired frequency;
- start data transfer by pressing a button.
Next, you need to log in to the account where the information was saved from the new smartphone. To do this, use the same phone number to which it is attached. Having received the files, you should download “Vatsap” and restore the correspondence history.
Work with gadgets on iOS and iCloud service is performed according to the same instructions. To transfer information, it is required that a SIM card is installed in the new gadget, using the same number to which the restored account was registered.
Back up to Google Drive.
How to transfer chats from “iPhone” to “Android” and vice versa
Gadgets on iOS and Android create different backup file formats. Therefore, even if the copy created in one system is moved to another, information cannot be extracted. Access to old conversations when changing a smartphone to a model using a different operating system can only be restored using special software. An example of this is WhatsApp Recovery.
Moving information about dialogs from iPhone is performed according to the following instructions:
- install the program on a computer;
- connect iPhone to PC;
- activate the software and go to the tab for receiving data from the device on iOS;
- copy WhatsApp archives;
- download the messenger to a new phone on Android;
- connect the device to a PC;
- move the files extracted from the old gadget to the WhatsApp folder;
- install the application and accept the data recovery offer.
If you need to transfer conversations from Android to iPhone, you can use the Backuptrans utility or its free analogues. Work with it is carried out according to the same principle as described above..
In addition to special software, there are no other ways to keep dialogs active. If you can’t use them, it’s possible not to lose information by using the “Export Chats” function and receiving all messages in the form of files with the txt extension to your e-mail. However, they won’t be able to recover as Vatsap’s active chats.