Messages to WhatsApp come without sound
WhatsApp is a popular messenger for instantly sending and receiving text messages and other information. Due to regular updates to the application’s functionality, some users encounter problems in its operation and ask questions on how to fix them. One of these questions is: “Why is there no sound in“ Vatsap? ”.
Whatsapp messaging app.
Turn on notifications in the application
With a large number of interlocutors and active chats in WhatsApp, many are faced with the problem of lack of personal space and an abundance of distracting notification signals. The developers envisioned this fact and added the ability to disable or enable notifications to the messenger.
Alert signals function both during incoming calls or messaging, and in the background the exit field of the application. But sometimes notifications stop coming: in such cases it’s worth checking if their sound is turned on.
To set up notifications in WhatsApp on Android, you should:
- Launch the application.
- Go to settings through the menu.
- Select the “Notifications” tab.
- In the window that opens, you can configure the sound on or off.
If iPhone owners have problems with notifications, you need to:
- Open whatsapp.
- Go to the item “Notifications”.
- Customize notification sounds.
Also, users of the application can change the standard notification ringtone or set individual alerts to any chat.
You can enable notifications in the settings.
Check and configure the Internet
One of the reasons for unstable alerts in the messenger may be a problem with the Internet connection or the use of an active traffic packet.
To check if the Internet has disappeared on a smartphone, you should go to your browser and enter any search query. If the page loads normally, check that the router and access point are configured correctly, or try switching to another network.
If the Internet signal is weak via mobile data, do the following:
- “Swipe” on the phone screen from top to bottom and hold the Wi-Fi icon for a few seconds.
- In the settings, click on “Wi-Fi in sleep mode”.
- Select “Do Not Turn Off”.
In the absence of other problems, the sound in the application should appear.
Checking the amount of RAM
In outdated models of smartphones, the problem of a lack of OS is common. Because of this, the device cannot support WhatsApp in the background, as a result of which the program stops working.
To avoid problems with notifications in the messenger, you should regularly clean the application cache and close the windows of other programs in the “Tabs” section.
It is necessary to check the amount of RAM and the performance of the microphone.
Solving the problem with the microphone
The most common causes of microphone instability in WhatsApp:
- There are problems with the microphone in the smartphone. Check his work by calling someone and asking about sound quality. If a problem is found, contact a service center..
- Outdated version of a program or operating system.
- The microphone of the messenger interferes with the microphone in other services. Go to the settings of the conflicting application and turn off “Voice Activation”.
Checking WhatsApp Version
If the version of this program on a smartphone is very outdated, it ceases to be supported by the main services of the company and there are problems with the operation of notifications.
To update the current version of the program, just go to your OC’s store, find WhatsApp in it and click on “Update application”.
If the application version is out of date, it must be updated..
Turn off silent mode
A frequent reason for the lack of a notification signal is the switched on silent mode on the smartphone.
Many users turn on silent mode to protect themselves from phone alerts. Check if you forgot to turn it on again and set up an alert.
To disable silent mode on the device, you need to:
- go to the settings menu and select the “Sound and notifications” section;
- in the basic tab, click on “Sound Profiles” and uncheck the “Silent” mode.
In addition, if desired, the user can adjust the volume and melody of alerts, as well as select the applications on which they will stand.
If after WhatsApp, the sounds in WhatsApp still do not work, it may be worth restarting the device.
To perform a reboot, hold down the lock key and select the “Reboot” or “Disconnect and Reboot” function..
Reinstalling the application
If the application is updated to the latest version and there are no problems with RAM on the phone, try installing it again.
To re-download the program, first of all, delete its original version from your smartphone. Thereafter:
- Go to the device’s app store.
- Find whatsapp.
- Click on the “Install Application” button.
After reinstalling the messenger, all its settings will be updated and notifications will work by default.
Solving the problem with sound on Xiaomi smartphones
Xiaomi blocks third-party applications in the background.
In order to save battery power on Xiaomi smartphones, by default, third-party applications are blocked in the background. To disable this function, you need to make the following changes to the settings:
- Go to the “Settings” section, and then to “Advanced settings”.
- Click “Battery” and “Application Management”.
- From the list that opens, select “WhatsApp”, then – “Without restrictions”.
- Go to the “Tools” section and find “Security”.
- Then – “Permissions” and “Autostart”.
- Activate autorun for this program.
After that, background notifications in the messenger should work stably.