Installing WhatsApp on your phone or computer
WhatsApp is a cross-platform messenger that is supported on all popular operating systems. It can be downloaded on the official website and in application stores for the Android, iOS and Windows operating systems. Instructions on how to install Vatsap will help you connect a messenger and stay connected using different devices.
Systems that support WhatsApp
Vatsap is connected for free and works on almost all operating systems, but there are exceptions. On devices with Android OS, you can install the utility with kernel version 2.1 and higher. The messenger is suitable for iPhones with iOS from 4.3. For iPad, the official version of the program is not provided. The application is for BlackBerry devices with OS 4.6, 4.7, 5, 6 and 7.
On the official website you can download a program for PC.
Messenger for the computer is supported for the following versions:
- Mac OS X 10.10 and higher;
- 64-bit Windows 8 and above;
- 32-bit Windows 8 and above.
There is also a browser version of the messenger, which does not require downloading “Vatsap” to the device. To use it, you need to go to the official website of the messenger.
There is support for Windows Phone, but it will be stopped in 2020, according to the manufacturer. At the end of 2019, the Vatsap version for this OS will not be available for download.
Installing the application on Android
The messenger can be downloaded to the phone in the “Play Market” – the built-in application store for Android. Vatsap will be updated automatically when a new version is released. Another installation option is to download the program file from the PC.
With any installation option, the messenger functions are the same. It is available for all devices. To activate your account, you need a smartphone with a supported version of Android, Internet access (preferably via Wi-Fi) and a SIM card.
Installing the application on the phone.
Google play market
Step-by-step instructions for downloading, running and installing the messenger when using the Play Market:
- Go to the Play Market (requires a Google account).
- Enter the name of the application in the search bar.
- Select it from the list and click “Install”.
- After loading, launch “Vatsap” from the menu or the main screen.
- Go through the registration process.
If you do not have access to the “Play Market”, you need to perform the installation by downloading the file from the Internet. This cannot be done on the official site, but there are many others that offer downloads.
Having found the necessary program on a safe resource, it must be downloaded to the PC in .apk format. After that, you should connect the smartphone to the computer and transfer the file to the phone’s memory. The program should be opened on a mobile device and allow installation.
Installing Vatsap on iPhone
Downloading instant messenger on iPhone is carried out from the App Store. You cannot download from third-party sites.
You need to go to the App Store, find “WhatsApp” through the search, click “Install” and wait for the download. The icon will appear on the desktop and in the phone menu.
Using the iTunes Store, you can put WhatsApp on your iPad. First you need to install the application on iPhone, and then transfer the file “WhatsApp.ipa” to the computer.
Then you need to follow these steps:
- Register through the iPhone.
- Connect mobile to PC.
- Go to iFunbox, select your device and go to “User Applications”.
- In the Vatsap files, copy “Library” and “Documents”, transfer to a PC.
- Connect iPad to PC, go to iFunbox, click on “Install App”.
- Select the “WhatsApp.ipa” file that was transferred to the PC.
- After installation, go to “User Applications”.
- Paste the “Documents” and “Library” folders copied earlier.
Install Vatsap using iTunes.
Whatsapp on Windows
The application can be used from a computer in a browser and by downloading the program, it is on the official website. Installation on Windows is also possible through the Microsoft Store.
Installing Vatsap on a computer
To install WhatsApp on Windows you need:
- Go to the download page and download the file with the extension .exe.
- Open the program and wait for the download.
- Launch WhatsApp from the desktop.
- Scan the QR code from the application on the phone.
You can use the messenger through the program on a PC only by synchronizing with the mobile version. If Vatsap is not on your smartphone, you won’t be able to enter WhatsApp for Windows 8 and higher.
To install WhatsApp on macOS you need:
- Go to the download page and download the file with the extension .zip.
- Open file to install.
- Add Vatsap to Programs and Dock.
- Run the program on a PC.
- Scan QR code.
To scan the code, you need to click on the application icon (handset icon), go into chat rooms, select “Other options” and “WhatsApp Web”.
Registration and configuration of the messenger
After registration, you can go to the settings and change the mode of notifications and calls. You can select the chat background and change the ringtone for each individual number.