How to install Whatsapp on a tablet – detailed instructions
How to chat with friends, close or business partners, being at a distance, while not spending a dime? Very simple – you can use the popular WhatsApp messenger for this.
Moreover, the application works not only on a smartphone, but also on tablet devices, the large screens of which provide comfort when viewing forwarded media files, as well as when talking via video chat.
Whatsapp app features
Votsap is not just a place where you can exchange text or graphic information, animation products.
This is a small pocket social network that allows you to:
- maintain a personal blog or business account in group chats;
- make free calls;
- agree on major transactions (the encryption system ensures data security).
Attention! WA is officially intended for use on a smartphone, and although there is a way to download WhatsApp on a tablet for free, the tablet version can display chat in a smaller size than the device’s screen itself (usually iPad users encounter this problem).
Tablet Installation Instructions
You can install WhatsApp on the tablet, because the OS of such a device is created in the likeness of a smartphone system. True, you will have to resort to unconventional methods of installing the messenger, because in official sources (Google Play, AppStore) Vatsap on a tablet just can not be found. You can check.
Where to download Vatsap for free on a tablet
Finding a file to download the messenger will be easy. It’s enough to “google” and the search engine will give a large number of website options where you can get the WhatsApp installation file.
You just have to download and install the application on your mini-computer and go through the registration process.
Attention! Before downloading files from third-party sites, make sure that they are reliable and secure. WhatsApp on iPad cannot be installed in this way.
Download Whatsapp on your tablet.
You can read the reviews of those who have already experienced the program. Also pay attention to the link address and page layout.
How to install vatsap on tablet
The method and process of installing Votsap on a tablet will differ for gadgets of the Apple brand and those devices that work on Android. We have prepared instructions for both options..
If you just try to download the messenger installation file in a search engine, there is a chance that the application will not work on the iPad.
Therefore, we offer another option using a computer, iPhone and iFunbox file manager:
- Download and install on iTunes PC.
- In Upstore, find Votsap and download it to your computer.
- Connect your iPad to your computer via a USB cable.
- Run the file manager.
- Click on “Device”.
- Click on the link “Install .ipa application”.Install Whatsapp on PC from iTunes.
- Locate the WA file you downloaded earlier. When you click on it, the installation of the smartphone on the tablet will begin. Upon completion, you will see the messenger icon on the screen. Do not run it. Not time yet.
- Now take your iPhone, make a backup copy of the data in Votsap (“Settings” – “Chats” – “Copy” – “Create a copy”), delete the messenger and download it again.
- Register your account as if for the first time. No need to restore backup.
- Remove the iPad from the cable and connect it to the iPhone PC.
- Launch iFunBox.
- Make the transitions: “Programs” – “All My Apps” – WhatsApp.
- The root folder of WA opens. Copy to the desktop Library and Documents.
- Now change iPhone to iPad again.
- Repeat steps 11-12 for the tablet.
- Copy the Documents and Library folders from the desktop with the replacement to the WA root folder on the tablet that opened after step 15.
With Vacap for Android, everything is easier. You can download the installation file of the .apk format from any resource found through the tablet’s browser by the request “download WhatsApp”.
However, before downloading Vatsap to an Android tablet, you need to disable OS protection (prohibition on downloading and installing applications from unknown sites):
- Go to the “Settings” tablet.
- Click on “Security”.
- Follow the link “Unreliable sources”.
- Move the lever from “on” to “off”.
Further, obtaining the desired program on the device will depend on whether it has a SIM card or is missing.
Important! Strictly follow the instructions below to do everything right. The program was created for the phone, and any wrong step can interfere with WA on the tablet.
On a tablet with a sim card
Installing WhatsApp on a device with a SIM card is quick and in a couple of clicks:
- Cancel the function that does not allow downloading programs from unknown sites.
- Download WA from an Internet resource.
- Click on the downloaded file to install.
- Run the application.
- Register an account: enter a phone number and wait until an SMS with a password arrives on your gadget.
- Type the password in the required field.
- Complete the authorization process.
On a tablet without a SIM card
Installing Vatsap on a tablet without a SIM card is also easy.
You’ll need a smartphone with no Votsap account and a couple of minutes of free time:
- On the tablet you need to allow downloading programs from unverified sites.
- Then you need to download the WA installation file.
- After downloading, install the messenger by clicking on it.
- Now you need to create an account. Enter the phone number that works on the mobile phone.
- An SMS with a code will come to the phone. Type the numbers on your tablet in the appropriate field.
- Complete the authorization process.
REFERENCE. In order for everything to work out, the smartphone must have WA, while the phone number cannot be used for an account in the application.
Is it possible to install on two devices
Unfortunately, the work of VotsAp cannot be provided on two devices at the same time. The fact is that the account is tied to a specific phone number. It is logical that one SIM card cannot function in two gadgets at the same time..
How to work through a web browser
There is another option for using the messenger on the tablet – WhatsApp Web. This version was created by developers, specially designed for a tablet computer, and most importantly – you do not need to download and install anything.
Whatsapp web version for tablet.
The only thing you need is a smartphone with WA installed (for authorization):
- Open browser.
- Go to the VotsAp web site. Link here.
- Turn on the messenger on the phone.
- Make a series of transitions: the ellipsis icon in the upper right corner is “WhatsApp Web”.
- A QR scanner will appear on the mobile screen.
- Point your phone’s camera lens at the QR code that’s on your tablet’s open WA Web page.
- If you did everything correctly, the familiar WhatsApp interface will appear on the mini-computer.
ATTENTION! In the web version of the application, you can’t make calls, video chat, and it does not work when the smartphone is turned off.
Now you can easily download VotsAp messenger on your tablet:
- If you have an iPad, you will have to use the help of third-party applications, for example, the iFunBox file exchanger.
- Android owners are more fortunate, they can do with a simple search for the installation file on the Internet.