How to copy and paste text in WhatsApp
Whatsapp users need to know how to copy text to Whatsapp. This action helps save time and accurately send the right message to the chat..
Whatsapp implements the ability to copy messages.
Copy and paste text into WhatsApp
To copy a message to Whatsapp, you must follow these steps:
- In “Vatsap” open a dialog from which copying will be performed.
- Click on the desired entry in the correspondence (you can select several messages in a row). Hold until text is highlighted in blue.
- At the top right of the screen, click on the copy icon that appears (two rectangles overlapping each other).
- An inscription appears: “Message copied”.
To paste a copied message you need:
- Go to the desired dialog.
- Click on the text input field and hold until the inscription: “Paste” appears above it.
- Tap on this inscription. The copied text will appear in the input field..
To copy a message, it must be highlighted in blue, and then click on the “Copy” button.
How to quote posts on whatsapp
Quoting is used by Whatsapp users to reply to a favorite message. Or to answer in a group to a selected interlocutor, where, due to the large flow of messages, it is not always clear which one or another user is responding to.
The creators of Whatsapp have tried to simplify the functionality of the correspondence. You can send quoted text in a couple of seconds.
The features of citing a message are as follows:
- the function works only on Android and iOS;
- the use of this function makes it possible to quote text not only in a single correspondence, but also in groups;
- the answer can be written in any language;
- function applies only to texts or messages with emoji.
Methods for quoting chat messages for Android and iPhone systems are slightly different.
If on Android in “Vatsap” you need to quote the message in the same chat where it was written, you need to do the following steps:
- Inside the selected chat, tap and hold the message until it is highlighted in blue.
- Click on the top left arrow..
- The copied quote appears above the message box..
- Write the answer to the selected user and send it along with the selected quote.
To transfer the necessary information to another chat, you must:
- Press and hold the desired message until it is highlighted in blue.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, click on the arrow curved to the right.
- In the window with contacts that opens, click on the account to which the quoted SMS will be sent. A green checkmark will appear on your account.
- Tap the “Send” icon at the bottom right of the screen.
If there are no curved arrows on the screen in the Votsap application, you need to install a more recent version of the application from the Play Market.
Panel Icons for Deleting, Forwarding, and Copying Messages.
There are two ways to quote text in a smartphone based on the iOs operating system..
- Open the Vatsap application, go to the dialogs.
- Select the information you need, swipe it from left to right.
- A highlighted quote appears above the message box..
- Enter your answer and send it along with the cited message.
- An answer appears in the chat along with a quote written at the top of the message and highlighted. It will be clear who intended the user’s response.
The second way:
- In the dialogs, select the desired message, with an effort to click on it.
- In the menu that opens, select “Reply”. A quote appears above the text input line..
- Enter your answer and tap “Send”.
To quote messages in smartphones based on “Android” and iOS, you will need to have the latest versions of these operating systems. On earlier versions of the OS, this feature may not be supported.