How to add a contact by phone number in WhatsApp
WhatsApp mobile messenger users may encounter problems when adding a new contact. This is due to a specific system, which implies synchronization of the program with the notebook of the smartphone. Moreover, in different operating systems, the algorithm of actions is different. Therefore, before adding a contact to Vatsap, you need to understand the distinguishing features of the application interface in an Android and iOS phone.
How to add a contact to WhatsApp
Despite the fact that the WhatsApp application extends to computer operating systems, you can add a new contact exclusively from your smartphone.
To bind a new user to “Watsap”, perform a few simple steps in the application:
- In the main menu, go to the “Chats” section.
- Click on the green button, which is located in the lower right corner of the screen.
- In the list of users already added to the application, select the option “New contact”.
- In the form that opens, enter the name of the person. Do not forget to indicate his phone number.
- Save all data by clicking on the appropriate button..
After that, the messenger is synchronized with the address book of the mobile phone and the new contact will be displayed in the list. You can find out about this by going to the program and opening the “Chats” section. In some cases, you will need to update the data first. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click on the function button located in the upper right corner of the interface. It has the form of 3 vertically arranged points.
- In the context menu that opens, select “Update”.
Now the new contact will be available in Votsap and it will be possible to contact him. Just go to the chat and send a message to the user or make a call.
Adding a contact to Watsup on Iphone.
On the iPhone, the algorithm of actions to complete the task is different. This is due to differences in the program interface. To add a friend to the contact list for further contact with him, do the following:
- From the main menu of the application, go to the “Chats” section located on the bottom panel.
- Click on the icon in the upper right corner to open a list of all available users.
- Select the option “New contact”.
- In the notebook that appears, enter all the data about the subscriber. Be sure to include his mobile phone number.
- Click on the “Save” button.
After all the actions are completed, in WhatsApp the added user will be displayed in the list of available contacts.
Add a contact through a notebook
WhatsApp identifies new users by their phone numbers. Therefore, it is not necessary to use a messenger, but you can get by with the standard smartphone utility. To do this, you will need to enter the subscriber data in the appropriate form.
The instruction is as follows:
- Go to the notebook. Its icon is on the main screen and looks like a handset on a green background.
- If a window of previously made calls opens, go to the “Contacts” tab.
- On the screen with the list of numbers, find the “Add New” or “Create New” button. Perhaps it is located in the drop-down menu, for the call of which you will need to click on the function button in one of the corners of the screen.
- In the application form to fill out, enter the name of the subscriber and his mobile number.
- Click on the “Save” button.
On different devices, whether it’s a smartphone or tablet, the system interface is different. Therefore, there may be inconsistencies with the menu items and the location of the controls. However, the principle of the actions taken is the same..
The main problems when adding
In some cases, a new user may not appear in the list of available contacts in the application.
There are several reasons:
- There is no WhatsApp on the phone. If the added contact does not have a messenger installed on the smartphone, you cannot dial his number or write a message to him. For this purpose, the “Invite” button is provided. If you click on it, the subscriber will be sent a letter asking him to install the program on a mobile phone for further communication.
- Foreign number entered incorrectly. It must be entered in the international format: + [country code] [main number]. Only in this case will it be possible to transfer the number to the program.
- The application does not have access to the phone book. To add a subscriber to WhatsApp, you need to make sure that he has access to the list of numbers. This is done directly in the smartphone settings..
- Contacts in the device’s address book do not have the “Visible” status. To view this option, you need to open the settings from the phonebook menu.
If none of the solutions worked, the application may have crashed. In this case, it is recommended to reinstall it. Also, for complete information, we suggest reading an article on how to write to a WhatsApp phone number that is not in the contacts.