How to block a person in WhatsApp
Blacklisting in WhatsApp is a feature with which you can limit your communication with some users of the messenger. Many are interested in how to block a contact in “Vatsap” so as not to receive messages from this person and not to receive calls from him..
Blocking a contact on WhatsApp is easy.
How to block a subscriber in Vatsap
Ban a person in “Vatsap” is possible in several ways. This feature is available on all platforms: iOS, Android, Windows Phone.
To block a user through a dialogue with him, you must:
- Chat with someone you want to add to the blacklist.
- Go to the “Details” section (3 dots in the upper right corner of the screen).
- Click either “More” or “View Contact”.
- Block user in the menu that appears.
- Confirm action.
You can also ban the person through the contact list. To do this, you need:
- In the section where all the dialogs are displayed, click on the button for creating a new chat (green icon).
- Go to the “Details” section (the “three dots” icon in the upper right corner).
- Click on the word “Contacts”.
- Having selected the user, go to the “Details” section.
- In the “Details” section, select the action “Block contact”.
To ban a subscriber who is on the contact list, you need to:
- Go to settings (gear icon in the menu).
- Click on the line “Account”.
- Go to the “Blocked” section.
- Click on the words “Add New”.
- From the list of contacts that appears, select the friend you want to ban.
As with an Android smartphone, you can block someone you’re chatting on from your iPhone. To do this:
- Enter the dialogue.
- Click on the name of the subscriber at the top of the screen.
- Scroll to the end of the menu and click on the “Block” button.
- Confirm Lock.
To add a subscriber to the blacklist in Whatsapp on iPhone, you need to: click “Privacy”, then select “Blocked”.
If you wish, you can immediately delete the correspondence and complain about the user (for example, in a situation where spam messages come from this number).
Support WhatsApp will consider the complaint and may limit the subscriber’s access to the messenger.
On Windows Phone
From a phone running on the Windows Phone platform, you can only block an interlocutor in Vatsap in one way – through a dialogue.
To do this, you need:
- Go to chat.
- Go to the “Advanced” section.
- Click on the word “Block”.
- Confirm action.
How to see blocked contacts in WhatsApp
You can find out who is on the black list in “Vatsap” in the settings of your account.
To see the list of banned, you must:
- Go to settings (gear icon).
- Go to the “Account” section.
- Select “Privacy”.
- Click on the word “Blocked” (the number of banned users is displayed on the right).
Blocked contacts can be viewed in the settings of the user account.
In this section, you can manage the list by adding and removing contacts..
How the user finds out that you blocked him
Do not worry that after blocking the interlocutor will receive a notification.
But there are signs by which the user determines that he is in the black list:
- text messages can still be written and sent, but they will not reach the addressee;
- the time is not displayed when the contact last entered the messenger;
- Unable to make an audio or video call.
However, these circumstances do not always indicate a lock: for example, you can disable the display of the time of the last visit in the settings. According to the policy on protecting the security and privacy of users, WhatsApp does not inform the blocked interlocutor that he is in the black list.
How to unblock user
To unblock a subscriber, you must perform the same steps as for adding to the black list. Instead of the word “Block”, the menu will display “Unblock”.
This can be done both through a dialogue with the user, and in the account settings.
What will happen after unlocking the contact
All restrictions will be lifted, and the interlocutor will again be able to write and make calls. The lock function is completely reversible, but messages that the user wrote when he was banned will not be displayed. Deleted correspondence cannot be restored.
If desired, you can return the contact to the black list.