Saving WhatsApp files to a memory card
Fans of the WhatsApp messenger are faced with a lack of free space for storing multimedia files. By itself, the application takes up only 50 MB. But service packs and materials that the subscriber exchanges with interlocutors can collectively weigh more than 1 GB. By default, the internal memory of the smartphone is used for data storage, so users are interested in how to transfer “Vatsap” to a memory card.
Transfer Vatsap to a memory card.
Can I move WhatsApp to an SD card
Due to the lack of space in the internal storage, the WhatsApp messenger starts to generate errors and incorrectly perform its functions.
There are 2 ways to clear memory:
- delete received photos and videos, documents and chats;
- transfer “Vatsap” to the SD card.
You can only move the application using third-party software..
Setting save data to a memory card in the smartphone settings
To save media files to a memory card rather than to internal storage, you need to change the settings. The sequence of actions for smartphones on Android and iOS is different.
To save media files to a memory card, you need to:
- open smartphone settings;
- Find the “Storage”, “Memory” or “Content settings” section;
- select “Default storage location”;
- check the box next to “SD card”.
The operation will allow you to save only new files to a USB flash drive. Photos and videos that were previously received should be manually transferred..
IOS devices do not support removable media, so you can save extra data only on the cloud service. To do this, you need:
- Go to the application and click on 3 vertical points in the upper right corner.
- In the list that appears, go to “Settings”.
- In the window that opens, click on “Chats”, and then select the item “Backup messages”.
- Confirm the operation. The program will inform about the end of information storage..
How to transfer data to a memory card
It is recommended that you make a backup copy before moving information..
To transfer data to removable media for devices with the Android operating system, you must perform a series of actions:
- Enter the phone settings. Most often, the icon is displayed as a gear.
- Find the “Applications” section.
- In the list that opens, click on WhatsApp.
- Scroll down the page and select “Transfer to SD card”.
You can also use the functions of the built-in explorer:
- open the file manager application;
- enter the tab “Internal memory of the device”;
- find WhatsApp folder;
- call the context menu and move this folder to the flash card.
The operation will allow you to move only multimedia. System files will remain in internal storage.
For devices that are running iOS, data transfer is not possible. But you can try to save photos, videos and backup copies of correspondence on cloud services.
Using third-party applications
The developers have created many programs that help bypass the settings and transfer applications to the USB flash drive. They have an intuitive interface..
Information can be transferred to the memory card using the utility as follows:
- Download and install the Lucky Patcher app. It is distributed free of charge..
- Launch and scan the device.
- Find in WhatsApp List.
- In the window that opens, select “Transfer to memory card”.
- Wait for the completion of the procedure and close the program.
Lucky Patcher App.
ES file explorer
After installing the application using the Play Market, you need to:
- Launch File Manager from ES File Explorer.
- Swipe left and go to the device’s internal folder.
- Find WhatsApp in the list, press and hold for a few seconds.
- In the window that appears, select “Move”, and then select “Memory card”.
At the end of the procedure, the Vatsapa folder from the telephone storage is best removed.
For the utility to work correctly, activate root-rights on the device, and then perform the following steps:
- Open the program and click on the “+” icon.
- Enter any name in the Name string.
- Open the local folder of the smartphone and assign the WhatsApp folder to the Exclude section.
- Go to Destination or SD card and activate the desired folder.
- In the list that appears, select Exclude from media scan. This operation will help to avoid duplicate media files..
- In the next window, confirm the action.
How to delete unwanted WhatsApp files
Before deleting files, it is recommended to back up information on a computer or cloud service..
You can delete correspondence as follows:
- Open messenger.
- Go to settings.
- Click on the “Chats” tab, scroll down and select “Delete all chats”.
- In the window that opens, enter the phone number that is associated with the application.
- Click “Delete all chats” again.
To delete multimedia files you must:
- go to the application settings, to the Data and Storage Usage section, and then to Storage Usage;
- choose correspondence with one of the users;
- click on the “Manage” menu;
- put a tick in front of the desired media file and click Clear;
- repeat the procedure with each chat.
After uninstallation, it is recommended to restart the application.