Why WhatsApp does not work on iPhone
Faults, due to which Vatsap does not work on iPhone 4, arise quite often. This is due to system errors, weak Internet connections, and the lack of the ability to automatically update programs. Most errors can be fixed on their own..
WhatsApp on iPhone 4.
Why can’t install the application
Installation problems arise when using low-quality mobile Internet, the inability to synchronize with the application directory.
Weak internet connection
Lack of communication is the main cause of problems in installing the messenger. If the network signal is good, check the quality of the Internet connection. Open a browser, go to any page. If the browser is working correctly, there are no connection problems.
When using the data transfer function, the following problems occur:
- Signal weakness. Application download speed is reduced temporarily. You need to rearrange the phone to another place, wait for the signal to improve.
- Complete lack of connection. When you try to download Vatsap, a download error occurs. When the problem persists for a long time, contact the operator, finding out the reasons for the deterioration of communication quality. Before that, check the balance or residual traffic. Available resources may not be enough to install applications.
- Blocking the download by the service provider. If another page opens normally, contact technical support.
Transition from mobile Internet to Wi-Fi and back
Sometimes Vatsap cannot be downloaded due to a change in connection type during boot. In this case, the page loading error appears. You need to restart the AppStore, repeat the installation of the program. Before that, they check the Wi-Fi signal strength. If the connection quality decreases, the application download slows down or stops. Perform the same steps when switching from Wi-Fi to mobile Internet.
Sync with iTunes
When you try to download the messenger from iTunes, an error message may appear. Problems occur during the loading of Vatsap.
In this case, perform the following steps:
- Check the connection. Internet connection must be stable. If there is no signal when Wi-Fi is on, restart the router.
- Check the status of the service. To do this, use the Apple test page, evaluating the work of the service in a particular country..
- Update account. If access to iTunes is limited, reset the account password. If the code has been changed recently, log out, log in again. To use the new account on iPhone 4, select the “Settings” section, the iTunes item. Click on the Apple ID, exit. Set username and password, go to the main page of the directory.
- Update the operating system, application store. After that, re-enter iTunes, start the installation of the messenger.
- Check the correctness of the entered date and time. To do this, in the list of widgets find the “Settings” section, the “General” item. If the date and time are entered incorrectly, they are set manually.
How to install WhatsApp on iPhone 4
The easiest way to download Vatsap to iPhone 4 is to search for a program in the AppStore directory.
Installation instructions describe the following steps:
- Connect the phone to the network. Connection is established using mobile data or Wi-Fi.
- Catalog opening. The desired icon is found in the main menu of the smartphone. Having opened the AppStore, they begin authorization.
- Search for “Vatsap”. The name of the program is entered in the field located at the top of the window.
- App purchase. After depositing funds, initializer downloads are waiting.
- Run the installation file. Download by following the on-screen prompts..
You can install the messenger through iTunes. To do this, perform the following actions:
- Launch iTunes. Connect the phone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Download the appropriate version of WhatsApp. Do it using the iTunes Store.
- Open iFunBox on the computer, synchronize the application with the phone. By clicking the “Install” button, the installation wizard opens. In the list of programs find “Vac”. Press the “Install” or “Open” key.
Why whatsapp doesn’t work
Problems may arise during the use of the application. The remedy depends on the type of malfunction..
Developers regularly release updates necessary to optimize software performance, eliminate lags, and ensure Vatsap compatibility with the operating system.
If the add-ons auto download feature is disabled, the download is performed manually. If the update does not occur, the application is no longer supported by the operating system. There are crashes in the messenger.
Weak or no internet connection
In this case, not only Vatsap does not work, but also other programs operating online. In this case, check the activity of the data transfer option, disconnect the phone from the network, establishing the connection again.
Failure in the application itself is a rare occurrence. It occurs during preventive measures, server malfunctions, and a massive “bug”. Most faults disappear after a few hours.
Some more tips
If the above actions are ineffective, they try to restart the phone, reinstall the messenger, clear the cache.
The nature of the application is affected by failures in the operating system. Despite the maximum compatibility with iOS, minor malfunctions still arise. This is especially true for older iPhone models..
To fix the problem, you need to turn off the phone and restart it. To do this, hold down the power key, select the “Restart” item in the list that opens.
Clean the application registry
Archives of messages and media files, cache files occupy the free space of internal memory, causing the malfunctioning of Vatsap.
The following registry cleaning options are available:
- Selective deletion of messages. Go to the desired chat, click on the objects to be deleted. Use the trash can icon that appears at the top of the window. In this way, other messages are highlighted and deleted..
- Removing chats. Open a list of dialogs. Swipe the desired conversation. In the menu that opens, select the “Delete” item. When deleting groups, they first exit the chat, then click on the trash can icon.
- Cleansing the whole story. In the settings section, select the “Chats” item. At the bottom of the list is the “Clear All” button. Delete all conversations without leaving groups.
- Clearing the cache. To do this, go to the application manager. In the list, select WhatsApp, click on it. In the context menu, select the desired item.
If the crashes do not disappear, the application is deleted. Do this using the file manager or AppStore store. After that, the latest version of the program is found in the directory, installation begins. At the end, confirm the phone number.