Why the screen goes blank during a video call in WhatsApp
Sometimes the owners of Android phones with a video call in Vatsap screen goes blank. Such a malfunction greatly affects the full use of the smartphone.
When the screen goes blank it complicates the conversation.
The screen goes blank during a video call: reason
There are several reasons for turning off the screen during a video call:
- When assembling the phone, the glass was not installed correctly. The edge of the glass overlaps the motion sensor and it responds to this interference..
- Factory settings are incorrect..
- When installing unofficial firmware, some functions of the phone cease to work, including and motion sensor.
- The motion sensor is clogged by prolonged use of the phone.
- Bad contact of the sensor loop due to the phone falling.
- When you install an additional protective glass or sticker on the protective film, the motion sensor ceases to function normally.
Configure the motion sensor on Android
The motion sensor (proximity sensor) can be configured using internal settings or third-party programs. First you need to check if it is enabled on Android or not. To do this:
- Open “Settings” in the phone.
- Select “Calls”.
- Go to the Incoming Calls section.
- In the “Proximity Sensor” check the box if it is not there.
Configuring the sensor using calibration, you must perform the following steps:
- Go to Settings. Select the “Screen” section.
- In the screen menu below, tap on the item “Calibrate the proximity sensor”.
- A window will open with calibration instructions and a “target” in the center of the screen. Follow these steps:
- remove objects in front of the sensor, press “Start” and wait a few seconds (at the end of the process, the center of the “target” will change color);
- place an object (for example, a sheet of paper) in front of the sensor at a distance of 3-5 cm and, without removing it, click “Next” (at the end of the process, the center of the “target” will change color again);
- slowly zoom in and remove the object from the sensor (the screen goes blank and lights up brighter again), then click “Ok”.
After completing these steps, the sensor calibration is completed..
You can check the operation of the motion sensor through the engineering menu. To do this, you need to enter it using specialized code. You will need to perform the following steps:
- In the dialing number enter * # * # 3646633 # * # *.
- In the menu that appears, select the “Hardware Testing” section.
- Press the “Sensor” item, then the “Light / Proximity Sensor” item and the “PC Data Collection” button.
- In the opened window for testing the motion sensor, tap “Get One Data”, zero should be displayed on the screen.
- Then attach some object to the sensor and click “Get One Data” again. In this test option, the number 255 should be displayed.
If all the verification indicators match, then the motion sensor on the display is working correctly.
Different smartphone manufacturers may have a different access code for the engineering menu. If you can’t get into the menu by entering the universal code, you can try the following combinations:
- for Sony: * # * # 7378423 # * # *, * # * # 3646633 # * # *, * # * # 3649537 # * # *;
- for Philips: * # * # 3338613 # * # *, * # * # 13411 # * # *;
- for ZTE and Motorola: * # * # 4636 # * # *;
- for HTC: * # * # 3424 # * # *, * # * # 4636 # * # *, * # * # 8255 # * # *;
- for Samsung: * # * # 197328640 # * # *, * # * # 4636 # * # *, * # * # 8255 # * # *;
- for Prestigio: * # * # 3646633 # * # *;
- for LG: 3845 # * 855 #;
- for Huawei: * # * # 2846579 # * # *, * # * # 14789632 # * # *;
- for Alcatel, Fly and Texet: * # * # 3646633 # * # *;
- for Acer: * # * # 2237332846633 # * # *;
- for smartphones with Media Tek processor (most Chinese models): * # * # 2237332846633 # * # *.
WhatsApp on Fly does not provide such codes.
If the engineering menu on the smartphone does not open, you can install an analog program on the phone called “Starting the MTK engineering menu”. All actions in the program follow almost the same scenario as in the telephone engineering menu:
- After installing the utility, open the “Hardware Testing” section.
- Select the “Sensor” section, then the “Light / Proximity Sensor” item.
- In the list that opens, select “PC Calibration”, then click “Calibration”.
- When approaching and removing an object above the sensor, the PS value should increase or decrease. If so, then the sensor is working..
- If the value does not change, you need to put the phone on a flat surface and tap on the item “Do calibration”. After troubleshooting, “Calibration success” appears..
Also, the “Proximity Sensor Reset” utility is used to configure the motion sensor. It is necessary to perform the following manipulations:
- After installing and starting the application, tap the inscription “Calibrate Sensor”.
- Close the sensor with an object and click the “Next” button.
- Remove the item from the sensor and click “Next” again.
- Then press the red “Calibrate” button and confirm by pressing “Confirm”.
- In a new window, the program will ask for permission to root-rights, click “Allow”.
- After the smartphone reboots, check that the sensor is working properly.
Turn off the motion sensor on Android
All actions are performed in the settings..
Disabling the motion sensor occurs through the settings of the smartphone according to the same algorithm as turning it on (now the tick in the “Proximity sensor” box must be removed).
You can also disable the sensor using w3bsit3-dns.com and the Sensor Disable Xposed module. To do this:
- Download this program and module to a smartphone.
- Install them through file explorer.
- Go to the Sensor Disable Xposed module, click “Framework” and tap “Ok”.
- Click “Install / Update”, then allow superuser rights.
- Refuse to reboot, return to the page with the framework and select “Modules”.
- Check the box next to “Sensor Disable”, select the title “Accelerometer” at the top left.
- In the new window, select “Proximity” and in the next window click “Remove sensor”.
- In the lower right corner, click on the floppy disk icon (save) and restart the phone.
We contact the service center
It happens that in Android there is a hardware failure and the motion sensor needs to be replaced. In this case, it is recommended to contact the service center for help from a specialist.