What is privacy at Whatsapp
If the virtual world is constantly distracting, you can set privacy in whatsapp. For other people, the user will become “invisible”, this will allow him to take a break from excessive attention.
Privacy settings: what is it
Vatsap was designed so that users can independently set privacy settings. They also have the opportunity to additionally do the following:
- Hide the time of the visit when the last time was logged in. But you need to be prepared for what you can’t see when there were other people.
- It is not possible to hide the status of “Online”. Other users will also see that a person is typing. The status will be “Prints”.
- It is possible to disable reports, and it will not be visible that the account owner has read SMS. But in this case, he won’t know if other users have read them..
These reports are useful to people who are in groups..
How to set up privacy
In order to change the privacy settings in the messenger, you need to do the following:
- Go to the menu, select “Settings”.
- In the “Account” section, select the “Privacy” tab. With its help, you can determine which of the interlocutors will get access to the user’s media files, will be able to see the time of his last visit and see the status.
- From the “Privacy” section, you can deactivate the report. In this case, the interlocutor will not know if the account owner has read his message.
Many people like to go to vatsap, having made the status of “invisible”. To switch to this mode, you need to open WhatsApp and go to the tab with options. From the “Privacy” section, you should adjust access to your profile and status. After that, turn off reading reports. As a result of these actions, the user will become “invisible” to others.
Hide visit time, photo, status
To hide the time of the last visit, select the “Privacy” tab. This method is often used when they want to avoid talking with people online..
In vatsap you can choose a silent mode. This is a useful feature, it is often used by people who have joined the group, but do not want to take part in hours of conversations..
In the upper right corner is the Do Not Disturb button. You need to click on it, and then uncheck the box “Show notifications”.
When a user views files in WhatsApp, they are saved in the gallery of the smartphone. If a person does not want outsiders to see photos or other files, then on the iPhone he must disable the “Save Media” functions. It happens that the phone does not have enough memory, then in this case it is worth disabling photo saving.
The gadget can run on the Android platform. In order to disable the storage of media files, you must go to the Google Play Store and install the file manager. When it boots up, go to “WhatsApp Images” and create a .nomedia file.
If a person was invited to a group, but he does not want his friends’ friends to view the profile, he can hide the information. To do this, do the following:
- Go to “Settings”. Here select “Account”.
- Go to the “Privacy” tab.
In this section, you can restrict unauthorized access to the photo, as well as to the status of the user.
Clean up read reports
In order not to show that the message has been read, do the following:
- Go to settings.
- From the “Account” section, select the “Privacy” tab. Uncheck reports.
If you were invited to a group, but there is a desire to read messages incognito, it is worth activating the flight mode. Before you turn it off, exit the message. In this case, the people who sent them will not see that they read SMS.
Manage your blocked list
When communicating on the Internet, situations often arise when someone sends spam, annoying in PM. All of these people can be blacklisted (ES). After that, they will not be able to write messages, send an invitation to groups.
In an emergency there is an opportunity to send any user. But editing the list is available, so you can unlock the person if necessary.
When a stranger writes, the program offers to block the number or add it to the contact list. If you select the first, this person will be blacklisted.
Is it possible to get around privacy
Despite the fact that the user can be added to the emergency, privacy in vatsap can be circumvented. To do this, do the following:
- Open the settings and select the section called “Account”. Then they find the line “Change number”.
- After that, a new number is entered and verified.
If there is no second phone number, you need to purchase another SIM card.
If Failed to Update Privacy Settings
There are several reasons why a person is not able to update privacy settings. The main one can be turned off this option.
Another reason can be called the lock that the user set. To find out about this, you need to look at SMS. If there are no 2 checkmarks, then this means that a lock is set on this number.