How to save photos from Whatsapp
In the popular WhatsApp messenger, you can exchange media files of various formats. They are saved in a separate folder. It can be selected and changed. Before saving a photo from Vatsap to the gallery, you need to allow the application access to the phone’s memory. There are several options for setting up autosave to migrate and clean..
Where are the photos from Vatsap saved by default
Photos from Vatsap are usually stored in the Media folder..
Photos from the messenger, if the settings are not changed, are downloaded to the child folder Images created after installing the application (saving is automatic).
Storing a large number of files from the application loads the phone. Therefore, it’s useful to set up automatic downloading to separate folders for simultaneous deletion or connect a cloud where all chat rooms with files will be located.
How to save photos from WhatsApp
Instructions for saving files from the messenger will be different for owners of different devices. Downloading can take place in a folder on a PC, smartphone and cloud, for example Mail.Ru, Yandex.Disk, Dropbox, iCloud.
To the gallery on the phone
To save pictures on iPhone to the gallery, you must enable this function in the settings.
To move a photo from Votsap to a gallery with pictures, you need to do the following:
- For Android – during installation, give permission to access personal media files, go to settings and enable file download by checking.
- For iPhone smartphones – allow access, in the settings click on the column “Data”, put a checkmark next to the item “Save media”.
On the computer
To transfer a photo from a messenger to a PC, you can use the following methods:
- Downloading the program and synchronization with the mobile device. When the files are transferred, they can be downloaded from Vatsap in the standard way to a folder on your PC.
- Bluetooth data transfer.
- When there is no wireless connection to the PC, you can use file transfer via the USB cable.
Another option is to transfer the image: send it to the e-mail from the phone, open the letter on the PC and download.
Save media to a specified location for quick cleaning
It is convenient to pre-create a folder on your smartphone or PC, where the sent and received pictures and videos will be saved. This will allow one-click to clear it or copy to transfer.
The general principle of creating a folder does not depend on the type of system.
The procedure for creating a place in the phone’s memory for quick cleaning of files from the messenger:
- Create a folder.
- Come up with a name for her to remember that the files from Vatsap are stored there.
- Go to the menu.
- Specify the created folder as the storage location for media files.
How to save photos to Google Drive or iCloud cloud storage
To save snapshots in your Google account, you need to enable chat backup.
Backup protects against data loss.
Follow these steps:
- Open menu.
- Select Chats.
- Click on “Backup”.
- Join a Google Account.
- In the window that appears, specify the frequency of copying, it is recommended “Daily”.
To transfer files to iCloud you need to go to the menu, open “Chats”, then – “Copy”. From the proposed options, select Apple storage. After that, the media will be saved in the cloud..
How to configure saving files to a memory card
In the messenger, you can not immediately save files to a flash drive. But you can make some manipulations and get around this ban.
Setting up saving files to a USB flash drive in Android smartphones:
FolderMount allows you to save files to a USB flash drive.
- Install FolderMount.
- Select the icon with the “+” sign in the application menu.
- Come up with a name.
- In “Sorce” add a messenger folder from the phone’s memory.
- In the “Destination” section, select a folder on the map.
- Check the box next to “Exclude from” to avoid duplication..
- Tap “OK”, after which the process will be completed.
IPhone phones do not have a flash drive. In order to store and transfer files, a USB flash drive is provided. It connects to the PC via iXpand ™ Sync. After the media files are transferred to the PC using the file manager.
How to allow WhatsApp app access to photos
WhatsApp requests access to photo on first try to send or save image.
IPhone permission settings are in the “Privacy” menu.
What needs to be done to allow access to photos on the iPhone:
- Go to smartphone options.
- Go to “Confidentiality”.
- Select “Photos”.
- Check the box next to the application.
During changes, the messenger must be enabled.
When the application asks for access, just click OK in the pop-up window. In addition, you do not need to change the privacy settings on the smartphone.
Vatsap does not save photo to gallery
The messenger stops saving media files when autosave is disabled. You need to go to the settings of “Vatsap”, go to “Chats”, put a check mark next to “Save media”.
In difficult situations, there is always the opportunity to write to the support service and service center. You can do this on the official website indicated in the “Contacts” section. It will take a relatively long time to wait for an answer – up to 48-72 hours. In this case, the FAQ section may contain a solution to the problem.