How to save a photo from WhatsApp to a computer
WhatsApp is a messenger whose main purpose is to provide the ability to communicate between users. This is done through chat. In addition to text messages, they can also share media content. With proper configuration of the program, images are stored not only in the messenger, but also in the mobile memory, from where they can be transferred to various devices, including desktop systems. However, before you upload a photo to your computer from Vatsap, it is recommended that you familiarize yourself with all possible ways of transferring files.
There are various ways to transfer photos to a computer..
How to download photos to your computer from WhatsApp
To reset images to a PC drive, you must first find them in the memory of your mobile device. By default, all pictures are stored in the messenger cache. To automatically download to your phone, you need to change the appropriate setting.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Launch “Vatsap” and press the function button located in the upper right corner.
- In the menu that appears, select “Settings”.
- Go to the “Data” section.
- In the “Media startup” section, on the “Mobile network” and “Wi-Fi” parameters, check the “Photo” checkbox.
After that, all viewed pictures can be found in the gallery of the smartphone, from where and transfer to a computer. However, this method eliminates the use of a USB cable..
Preparatory settings are made. Now WhatsApp will directly upload pictures to the device’s memory, bypassing the application’s cache memory. When you delete the messenger, all the data downloaded in it will also be deleted – take this into account when uninstalling and make backups if necessary.
Send by email
You can transfer photos from a mobile phone to a PC using e-mail. To do this, select the desired image and specify all the necessary data in the context menu.
And although some interface elements and their location may differ on different devices, the principle of the procedure is common to all:
- Open the photo you want to send on your phone.
- Click on the “Submit” button. It can be located both on one of the panels, and in the context menu. To call the last one, press the function button in one of the corners of the screen.
- When a list of available file transfer methods is displayed, select Email or Email..
- This will launch the default client with the already attached photo inside. You must specify the email address in the “Recipient” line.
After completing all the instructions, it remains to click the “Send” button, and a letter with an attached photo will be sent to the specified address. For sending, you can select several files at once, thereby saving time.
Transfer via USB
Photo transfer can be done by connecting the phone to the computer via a usb cable.
Not every user is used to working with email clients, it will be much easier to drop photos through a USB cable.
- Connect your phone to your computer using USB.
- Wait until the last device is discovered and open the file explorer Explorer.
- From the display window for the layout of disk space, select the section of your smartphone.
- In the internal memory of the mobile, go to the root directory of Votsap, open the Media directory and select the necessary photos in the WhatsApp Image folder.
- Copy files to clipboard. To do this, you can use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + C or select the item of the same name in the context menu.
- Open any folder in the internal memory of the computer and upload all the copied data. To do this, press Ctrl + V or use the “Set” option in the context menu.
After all the actions are completed, the phone can be disconnected. Photos will be independent, that is, they can be moved, renamed and edited..
Use cloud services
A USB cable is not always at hand, but if you have a stable Internet connection, you can drop images from Votsap without it. For these purposes, it is convenient to use cloud storage. The main thing is to install the client on the computer and mobile device.
In the software market, there are many services for storing data in the cloud:
- Google Drive
In the absence of a USB cable, you can use cloud services.
Since they work almost the same way, in the future Yandex.Disk will be used as an example.
The location and name of some interface elements may vary, but the principle of the operation is similar:
- Install the cloud service client on a computer and mobile. You can download the installation file directly on the official website of the application. In the case of a smartphone, the easiest way to use the Play Store.
- Launch the program on the phone and click on the “Add” button. In Yandex.Disk, it appears as a blue circle with a plus in the center.
- Click on the item “Image from gallery” or “File from device”. In the first case, select the ones you want from the list of all photos, and in the second, specify the “WhatsApp Image” folder in the phone’s memory.
After selecting the files, synchronization with the computer will begin. In just a minute, the photos will be downloaded. They can be viewed, edited or printed, the originals will remain in the messenger in the internal memory of the mobile.
There is still a way to transfer a picture using the web version of Vatsap. To do this, just log in to the appropriate application on the developer’s website using your smartphone. In the future, to save the photo to disk, you will only need to find it in the correspondence, right-click and select “Save As”.