How to remove backup in Whatsapp
WhatsApp is a messaging application. More than a billion users care about privacy, as attackers can gain access to a backup on iCloud or Google Drive. To avoid this, you need to figure out how to disable backup in WhatsApp on Android and iPhone.
WhatsApp backup: where is it stored
For automatic saving iCloud is used. This is a cloud service where you can post all the necessary information..
All your chats can be moved to iCloud subject to the following technical requirements:
Whatsapp iphone backup is stored in the cloud.
- One of the latest software available.
- Creating an account in the Cloud.
- Activating “Documents and Data”.
- The presence of the application “Google Drive”.
- Sufficient memory on the phone and on the cloud.
On Android, backups can be stored in the phone’s memory.
Information is stored in Google Drive. “Android” backs up correspondence daily in automatic mode. If there is no “Google Drive”, then everything is placed in the phone’s memory on an external drive (SD card).
Backups on this phone model occur on OneDrive or an SD card. Alternatively, correspondence with loved ones can be copied to your home computer, and from there to Google Drive. The simplest solution is to send materials to your own email inbox.
How to disable backup creation in Vatsap
Backup can be disabled.
On Android devices:
- Open WhatsApp, click on vertically placed dots.
- Go to “Settings”.
- Click on the “Chats” section.
- Now in the settings of Google Drive, click on Backups.
- Check the box next to “Never”.
Use these steps to stop data being stored on Google Drive.. But if you want to start the process again, follow the same steps, choosing a period as desired, for example, every day or week.
On iPhone, copying is done in iCloud, you can stop the synchronization process in 3 ways.
When using Watsap:
- Launch the messenger and go to the “Settings” tab in the lower right corner.
- Tap “Chats”.
- Click on “Auto Backup” and select “Off”
Data from that moment will no longer automatically be transferred to the “Cloud”. But you can resume syncing at any time..
When using the “iPhone” settings:
- Open “Settings” and select your account at the top of the page.
- Choose iCloud.
- Get down until you see WhatsApp. Switch it to the “off” position
In “Google Drive”:
- Open the application on your device and click on the three-line icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Select backups from the various options available..
- In the next step, click on the icon with 3 dots.
- Select “Disable Backup”.
How to delete a backup of “WhatsApp”
On the “Android”
- Run the file manager. In most phones, it is preinstalled by the manufacturer, but if there is no application, you can download it from Google Play for free.
- Open the internal memory or SD card storage folder. Find and tap the Watsap folder to see its contents.
- Touch and hold the database folder..
- Select the “Delete” option. Depending on the file manager application used, this parameter may look like a trash can icon or a button that says “Delete”. Confirm selected action.
On the “iPhone”
To delete a backup:
Deleting a backup will permanently erase the history.
- Open iPhone Settings.
- Find your Apple ID and scroll down to the iCloud tab.
- Click on the storage option to access the “Storage Management” section..
- Click whatsapp.
- Click “Edit Link.” If it is not visible, simply select the “Delete data” link marked in red.
- Select “Delete Data” to complete the operation..
From “Google Drive”
- Open Google Drive.
- Find the Watsap folder, which is available under the name “WhatsApp for X Backup,” where X is the phone number.
- After double-clicking, the following options will be offered: “Cancel function” or “Delete copy”.
- Select “Delete”.
Despite the fact that due to synchronization with the “Cloud” it is possible to restore dialogs deleted from WhatsApp if necessary, it is sometimes useful to remove the function for security reasons.