How to make a group call in Whatsapp
When communicating with relatives or colleagues, there is often a need to discuss something with several people at once, but there is no opportunity to do it personally, and correspondence takes too much time or is inconvenient in this situation. For such cases, you can use a group call in WhatsApp (“Vatsap” / “Vatsap”).
WhatsApp has the ability to connect video conferencing features.
WhatsApp video conferencing feature
The ability to make group video calls in the application appeared in the summer of 2018 and immediately became popular. Using the video conferencing option, users can chat with relatives from other cities, share their travel experiences with friends, hold presentations and meetings.
During a group call, you can use the following options:
- switch the camera from the front to the main one (icon with a camera and circular arrows in the lower left corner of the screen);
- disable / enable video (camera image in the bottom middle of the screen);
- turn off / on the microphone (icon with a microphone in the lower right corner);
- minimize the application and use the smartphone in normal mode, continuing the conversation.
How many people include
Using video chat in Vatsap, up to four users can communicate, including the one who created the conference. Compared to other messengers, this is a small number of participants, for example, up to 25 people can chat on Skype at the same time. Perhaps in the future, developers will increase the allowable number of users in a group call.
How to make a group video call on WhatsApp
To make a group call at Vatsap, you must have an Internet connection (Wi-Fi or mobile data) and the latest version of the application installed on the gadget. Video conferencing can be used on devices with different operating systems..
Video call option is possible for users of smartphones based on Android 4.1 and later..
To create a video chat, you need to follow these steps:
- Select the person you want to connect to the conference first. This can be done via chat, group or contact list..
- Call the user by tapping the handset icon for an audio call or a camera for a video call.
- After connecting the first participant, click on the avatar icon with a “+” sign in the upper right corner of the screen.
- From the list of contacts that appears, select other users for the group call and wait while they join the conversation.
If you want to connect all participants at once, open the “Calls” tab in the menu, click the icon with the image of the phone and the “+” sign in the lower right corner, select the first line “New group call” (up to three users), click the camera icon or phone next to the contact picture and wait for the participants to connect.
Click on the avatar with a plus.
IOS 8+ iPhone owners can create a video conference as follows:
- From the chat, group, or contact list, select the first member of the group call.
- Click “Video Call” or “Voice Call”.
- When the subscriber connects, click on the “Add Member” icon.
- Select other contacts for a group conversation.
To connect with participants at the same time, call everyone at once through the “Calls” tab. In the same way, it will be possible to create a video chat in the new version of iOS 13, which will be released in September 2019..
WhatsApp conference in iPhone.
Advantages and disadvantages
The main benefits of WhatsApp group calls include:
- convenience: it is possible to talk three or four together, being at different ends of the earth;
- security: calls in the application have end-to-end (end-to-end) encryption;
- free use: there is an opportunity to reduce the cost of mobile communications.
Negative moments of the video chat function in the application:
- limited number of participants: the organizer cannot connect more than three users to the video call;
- battery consumption: when talking with multiple participants using a video, the smartphone discharges faster.
The ability to communicate in video conferencing mode.
Features of use
When working with the group calls feature in Vatsap, customers should pay attention to the following nuances:
- Make sure all participants have a good internet connection. The quality of communication will depend on the user with the weakest connection..
- It is not possible to remove a participant from the general conversation until he disconnects on his own.
- If you receive a WhatsApp group call, a list of participants will appear on the screen, the first among which will be the name / nickname of the organizer.
- The application and calls in it are free, but the traffic that is used for group calls is paid according to your tariff plan. If possible, use a Wi-Fi connection..
- All held and missed calls are saved in the history in the appropriate tab with the participants, call time and duration of the call.
Thus, making a call to a group of people using video calling is very easy thanks to the WhatsApp application.