How to install whatsapp on iPhone – step by step instructions
Forwarding messages, sharing videos, making audio and voice calls are the main features of the popular messenger. It was originally developed for iPhones. And then there were versions for androids, PCs, tablets.
You can download the application for free on the official website of the development company. However, the program does not support every version of the mobile OS. In the article, we will talk about what there are ways to download whatsapp on iphone, whether it is possible to download a messenger on all phones, how to connect and configure it.
What versions of Whatsapp work on iPhone
The older the application variation, the less diverse its functionality. The developer makes updates to subsequent modifications to the program. They fix bugs, add various chips, change the appearance of the application.
To use WhatsApp innovations, it is recommended to update the messenger. To do this, close it if it was open. Go to the App Store – the market icon is on the main screen of the phone. Click the “Updates” button in the lower right corner. A list of programs downloaded to the phone opens. Find WhatsApp and click on the Update button next to the name.
However, the latest versions of the program are supported only by certain phone OSs. Read more about this..
Requirements and characteristics of WhatsApp for iPhone
Whatsapp on iPhone.
If you use the official resource – such as the iPhone is the AppStore application store, then you can install the application on iPhones that support iOS 9 or later.
These are the requirements of the program..
On ios 8 – iPhone 4s, 5, 5c, 5s, 6, 6 Plus. If the messenger has already been installed, you cannot create new accounts or confirm existing ones..
The earliest version of Apple that WhatsApp supports is 7.0. This is iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 5s, 5c. Owners of such devices cannot use some of the features that appeared in the updated versions of WhatsApp. The application developer is also going to abandon support for iPhone 4.
When you download the WhatsApp to iPhone for free, you need to update outdated software, otherwise the application will not work.
To update, go to the “Settings” of the phone, then “Basic”, then “Software update” – “Download and install”.
Let’s see how to install whatsapp on iphone. To do this, you need to know where to get the application (source), how to install and registration features.
Where can I download the program
It is recommended to download whatsapp on iphone from the official messenger site (in the app Store). This store contains various iPhone apps. The market icon is on the phone’s main screen.
How to download the application
- Click the App Store. A search window opens. In the line above enter the name of the messenger. A green icon appears with a white handset inside, opposite which WhatsApp Messenger will be written. Run it. A window will open for downloading the application. Click “Download”, then “Install”.
- Then you need to enter the phone number to which you download the application. The messenger will offer to confirm this number by sending SMS with a 6-digit code. Enter it. The program is activated.
Register Whatsapp on iPhone.
- The application will provide an opportunity to restore the message history if you used it before. Or click “Skip”.
- The settings for the name and account are opened, according to which other users will see you. Enter a nickname and, if desired, a profile photo. The image can be downloaded from the phone by selecting the camera icon located right there.
- Press the “Next” button, starting the initialization process.
- The phone must be connected to the Internet.
- The device needs to have enough free space to download the program.
- If the iPhone of the earlier version is 4.2.1, 4, 4S, 5, 5S, then before downloading the application, you must update the OS to version 7.
- When activating the program, you should enter the phone number from which you will use the messenger. Then you can install WhatsApp on iPhone.
Registration and connection
Your phone number entered during the installation of the program is the login in the messenger. Activating the code sent by the system, carry out the registration process.
By opening the application, you can customize it as you wish. To do this, use the menu button – three vertical dots in the upper right corner of the screen. By clicking on it, you will see the settings of the messenger. They allow you to control the privacy and security of your account..
To restrict access to personal information, click on the settings icon. A field with tabs will open, in which select “Account”, then – “Privacy”. Mark who will see the photo and other information of your profile.
The main advantages of the messenger are the ability to make audio and video calls through it, send text messages and various types of files.
- To chat, use the Chats tab at the top of the screen. Click on it, then – “Contacts”. To start a conversation, click on the selected account. Chat will open. Type a message. To send, tap the button in the lower right corner.
- If you select the “Calls” tab at the top of the screen, and then the handset icon with a plus, a list of contacts you can call will open. Click on the handset opposite the user account. If you want to switch the audio conversation to video format, click the camcorder icon.
- WhatsApp allows you to send voice messages. Open a chat with the person you’re talking to. To record a message, click the microphone icon located at the bottom. Hold it while you speak. When done, remove your finger from the microphone. Message is sent automatically.
Whatsapp Voice Messages on iPhone.
- In the new versions of WhatsApp, the optional “Two-step verification” has appeared. To activate, go to “Settings”. Next, select the “Account” tab, then “Two-step verification” and “Enable”. The application will prompt you to come up with a 6-digit password and enter an email.
- For iPhones, Face ID or Touch ID features are available. These are ways to enhance the privacy and security of your account. They are used when locking the screen. You can unlock it by fingerprint. Open “Settings”, then “Privacy” and turn on “Screen lock”.
- You can use stickers for correspondence. Having opened the chat, click on the field for entering text. A window pops up with a sticker icon at the bottom of it. Click on it. Pictures will appear. Click on the one you want to add to the chat. If you do not see the sticker icon, update the messenger.
Also, the application is equipped with a backup function that allows you to save account data and chats when transferring the program to another device. Let’s see how it works..
Transfer from iphone to iphone
If you want to use the application on another iPhone and have access to the same account, you must save the account by performing a backup. This method will allow you to transfer chats to icloud – a cloud for saving information.
Step-by-step instructions on how to transfer whatsapp from iphone to iphone:
- Launch the messenger, open “Settings”, then – “Chats”.
- Select the Backup section. Then “Create a Copy”.
- The “Automatic” item will appear below. Click on it and select from the list the frequency with which you will save chats.
- Download the messenger on the new iPhone, as shown above. When you enter the phone number and confirm it with the code from the SMS sent by the application, you will be asked to restore the message history. Click the “Ok” button. The program will give access to previous chats.
Also whatsapp chats on iphone could be duplicated from the itunes media player using a computer.
The development company is going to close this resource.
Backup tool will be transferred from itunes to another application.
How to transfer from iPhone to Android
Use the backup method mentioned above. Then install the messenger on android.
It is better to download the program from an official source in Google Play, which is integrated by default into the phone and can be designated as the Play Market or Play Store. Another option is to enter the name WhatsApp apk in the browser search engine and open one of the sites that offers to download the application.
Download the messenger, as in the instructions above. When the system asks you to enter a phone number, use the one to which the WhatsApp was registered on the iPhone. Next comes the SMS with the code you need to enter.
The program will offer to restore the message history. Click “Ok.” So you can move WhatsApp chats from iPhone to Android.
Whatsapp Benefits & Features
This is a free app. It is used to send any kind of file. Media content is compressed on a dedicated server to save traffic. When forwarding a message, the end-to-end encryption method is used, which does not allow you to intercept the message while it is being forwarded.
Users can access audio and video calls and various ways to protect your account. The function of copying chats allows you to use the messenger from the second phone when changing the device.
If you want to download WhatsApp for free on an iPhone, use the official source of the program. To register, just enter the phone number when installing the program. However, the messenger has certain requirements for the OS of your iPhone. Outdated software modifications must be updated for the application to work.