How to hide whatsapp visit time
Messengers have become an integral part of our lives. One of the most popular is Votsap. It has various features: correspondence, group chats, calls, sending media files and much more. In the process of using this program, various questions arise. For example, many people are interested in how to hide the visit time at Votsap..
Hiding visit time at WhatsApp
Many want to hide the time of the last visit to maintain privacy. Thus, it is not visible when the person was online the last time. Not every person wants to be in the list of his contacts to know when there was an extreme visit to WhatsApp.
Especially for such cases, the program has a function that allows you to disable the option of demonstrating the last visit to Votsap. Depending on the phone model, there are some differences in the way the setup process takes place. You can change the invisibility settings on both the iPhone and Android smartphone..
On an Android device
Owners of smartphones on Android can change the default settings and become invisible on the network. To do this, go to the “Settings” section on the main screen of the application. In the window that opens, select the “Account” tab, then go to the “Privacy” subsection.
Hiding visit time.
In the window that appears, select the first line – “Last Seen”. After clicking on it, a menu will open where you should indicate for whom it is necessary to remove the visit time: for all or for your contact list. After such changes, the subscriber will also not be able to see when the interlocutors last visited Vatsap.
Apple phones are different from Android smartphones, so the algorithm of actions is different:
- On the bottom panel with the section names, select “Settings”.
- Go to the tab “Account”.
- In the subsection that opens, click on “Privacy”.
- Click on the item “Last Seen”.
- In the window that opens, as in the version for Android, select “All” or “My Contacts”. Now people who will chat with the user will not be able to see the time of his last visit.
Hide visit times through contact blocking
There is no need to hide the visit to the application from everyone. This is fraught with the fact that the user himself does not know who was online when. WhatsApp has the ability to block some contacts. They will not be able to write in chat, call and find out the time of the last appearance on the network. At the same time, the user himself will not lose such an opportunity with respect to his other contacts.
WhatsApp Contact Blocking.
Lock methods vary by phone model.
The blocking procedure starts the same way as when you hide the visit time. Go to “Settings”, select “Account” and click on “Privacy”. Then go to the “Blocked” item. If the user previously had locked contacts, then they will be displayed in the list. A profile icon with a “+” sign will appear in the upper right corner. By clicking on it, you can see the entire list of subscribers. Now select the desired contact and block it.
There is an easier way. It is enough to enter the dialogue with the user and block him from the chat menu. In the upper right corner, click on the icon with 3 dots and select “Block”. A blocked user will not receive a notification. He will be able to guess about it, for example, by the absence of a profile avatar.
To block a contact on an iPhone, go to “Settings”, select the “Account” section. Then click on the item “Privacy” and go to “Blocked”. Click on the “Add New” link that appears. In the contact list that opens, select the one you want to ban.
Why can’t you see the time of visiting the interlocutor
Data about when the user was in the messenger is not displayed in the following cases:
- The interlocutor hid the time of the last visit in the privacy settings. You can verify this by sending a message to the subscriber. If it comes, it means that in front of you a hidden profile and communication with a person is possible.
- The interlocutor added you to the black list or blocked you. This is verified in the same way as in the first case. If the sent message does not reach and the profile avatar is missing, most likely you are banned.
- Perhaps you yourself banned the interlocutor and forgot about it. You can check if the contact is not in the blocked list in the privacy settings..
Incorrect time display
In the Vatsap application, the default time is the same as that set in the phone settings. If it is incorrect and does not coincide with the time zone in the given area, you need to fix the time manually in the phone itself:
- On Android. In the settings, go to the “Time and Date” section, click on “Time Zone”. Next, select the correct option from the list.
- On the iPhone. In the settings, select the item “General”. The further algorithm of actions is the same as on phones on Android.
Also, the data of the interlocutor on the Internet may not be displayed correctly if he is in a different time zone. In the application, by default, the time of the user is indicated.