How to hide the dialogue in WhatsApp
Many instant messengers come with an extended set of privacy settings. However, the developer does not provide a function to restrict access to messages. It is believed that data can be secured using basic security methods. Users often have the question of how to hide correspondence in WhatsApp.
Is it possible to hide correspondence in WhatsApp
The hidden chat function helps protect confidential information – conversation, audio and video calls, media files. In the Watsup application, this option is not yet available, despite the fact that it is often necessary. Therefore, users have discovered a number of other ways to help hide correspondence from third parties..
These include the following options:
- hiding a conversation, several conversations or the entire list of chats;
- restriction of access to management of an individual application;
- protection of a mobile phone from attacks by third parties by setting a password.
The first method is systemic. In this case, the use of the archiving function set by the developers is required. This way you can hide one or more chats.
The ability to restore correspondence is preserved. In the second case, privacy settings are set in the Vatsap application. The third method terminates access to all information stored in the phone’s memory.
How to hide chat in WhatsApp
To prevent a husband or wife from finding correspondence in Vatsap, you can use the function of hiding a group or conversation. Unnecessary dialogs disappear from the list, but are not destroyed. Data can be restored at any time..
To archive all chats on the iPhone, do the following:
- open the messenger Votsap;
- go to the menu, select the “Settings” section;
- find the item “Chats”, activate the archiving function;
- confirm the action by pressing the appropriate button;
- waiting for the completion of the procedure.
Archiving a separate dialog on the Apple Phone is as follows:
- Open the application. Go to the main page. At the bottom of the window there is a menu where you need to select the “Chats” section.
- Click on the desired correspondence by swiping the screen to the left. In the menu that opens, activate the archiving option. After the procedure is completed, a list appears in which the selected conversation will not be displayed.
Hiding correspondence in Whatsapp on Android.
You can hide all chats on your Android phone or tablet in the following way:
- open Vatsap application;
- enter the menu, select the settings section;
- in the tab “Chats” click on the inscription “History”;
- start the archiving function;
- confirm by pressing OK.
To make secret correspondence with a single contact, you need to run the messenger, open the list of dialogs. A long hold of the finger brings up the context menu. Click on the icon that looks like a box with an upward arrow.
We use third-party applications
There are many programs used to restrict access to correspondence. Some offer useful features to help hide sensitive data. For example, there are programs that photograph a person trying to read other people’s chats. The work of other applications is based on encryption of information. They not only offer to set passwords, but also provide the ability to log in by scanning a fingerprint. Some programs are installed and used free of charge. Downloading others is possible only after depositing funds..
Hide chat by blocking smartphone
By protecting the smartphone with a password, the user denies access to all applications and files.
Do it like this:
- In the list of widgets, they find the settings icon, which looks like a gear. Here select the tab “General”.
- In the section “Screen lock and security” select the desired sub-item.
- Set the maximum security levels of the screen so that other people can not see personal data. A combination of characters, pattern, fingerprint can be used to unlock..
The choice of protection method depends on the type of operating system and user preferences. For greater privacy, you can still hide the vatsap number.