How to disable WhatsApp for a while
If you want to increase battery life or take a break from notifications coming from an online messenger, you need to know how to disable Vatsap for a while.
Shutting down Vatsap for a while.
Why disable the program
Messengers, including WhatsApp, are a good way to keep in touch with colleagues, comrades and relatives. But sometimes you have to turn off notifications. Almost always do this in order to:
- Relax, take a break from socializing.
- Remove notifications that interfere with work or watching videos.
- Increase battery life.
Although the program does not have such a built-in function, you can disable WhatsApp through the phone’s settings..
How to temporarily disable WhatsApp
You can turn off Vatsap for a while by simply disabling Internet transfer to the application. Without it, WhatsApp will not start. To do this on the iPhone, you need:
- Open Settings.
- Go to the WhatsApp app.
- Set the slider opposite the text “Cellular data” to an inactive state.
- Go to settings.
- Open the “Data Transfer” section.
- Select “Network Connections”.
- Prevent the transfer of information over Wi-Fi and cellular networks.
Disabling WhatsApp on iPhone.
In addition, it is possible to completely disable the transmission of information via Wi-Fi and cellular networks using the special “On Air” mode provided in modern devices. Putting your phone in this mode will completely block all notifications.
After downloading and installing the program, you must go through the activation procedure. This creates a profile that is tied to the number of the mobile gadget. WhatsApp has the ability to exit it. You can do this as follows:
- Go to program.
- Open Settings.
- In the WhatsApp Web menu, select “Logout on all devices”.
Disable notifications and online status
Often familiar to WhatsApp, seeing that a person appears in the program, they begin to write to him immediately. To stop this message flow, you can change the status to “offline”. In this case, the chat participants will decide that the person is not online and will not send him messages or call him. The instructions for iOS and Android are the same in this case:
- In the profile, click on the “Details” section.
- Change status to desired.
You can also go into silent mode by holding down the volume button, or through the menu put the phone in vibration alert mode.
You can turn off WhatsApp Web alerts for all web browsers permanently or for a period of time:
- In order to turn off notifications forever, launch the Votsap web version, go to the “Settings” section, click on “Notifications”, turn off “Sounds and warnings on the desktop”.
- To turn off notifications for a while, go to the “Notifications” item, click “Turn off warnings and sounds.” After that, select the period for which you want to block all notifications.
When you need to resume notifications, you need to click on the icon with the image of the crossed out bell, which is located to the left of the New Chat quadrangle.
Turn off the application
The capabilities of modern gadgets based on Android, iOS and Windows Phone allow you to stop the operation of any programs on the phone without the need for their complete removal. To do this, go to the device’s parameters, find the “Applications” section. Next, in the list of installed software, select WhatsApp and click the “Stop” button.
Through third-party applications
It is possible to turn off Votsap using third-party applications. For the Android operating system, the Hide Status utility is suitable. With its help, it is easy to change the status of the account in “Votsap” to “offline”. It will remain so even if the gadget is connected to the Internet.
Removing a program if all else fails
This option involves the complete removal of the application. Uninstalling a program is an extreme method. If you want to continue to use the application, this is not worth it. You can reinstall Vatsap later, but there is no 100% guarantee that messages and other information will not be lost..
To remove WhatsApp on iOS, you need to:
- Save the entire chat history. In the settings, select “Chat Settings”, go to “Backup Chats”, click the “Make a Copy” button.
- Go to the home screen of the phone.
- Press and hold the Home button.
- Wait until the crosses appear on the icons.
- Click on the cross next to “Votsap”.
- Confirm deletion.
Removing an Android application is done like this:
- Copy chats (done the same as on iOS).
- In the gadget settings, click on the “Applications” item, find the messenger.
- Press and hold the program icon until the context menu appears.
- Select the icon with the basket in the menu that appears or drag the application image to the top of the screen to the inscription “Delete”.
- Confirm deletion.
Saved settings will be needed later if you decide to install the application again.