How to configure or disable notifications in WhatsApp
In the WhatsApp messenger, messages are sent to recipients automatically. This feature allows you to not miss important messages. If the warning signal interferes, you can find information on how to turn off notifications in “Vatsap”.
WhatsApp has a feature to turn off notifications.
Set up alerts
To configure the signals on the iPhone or other smartphones, you need to open the messenger and find the “Menu” button. Activate the settings tab, then go to the “Notifications” item. Now you can change any signals in groups that alert you to calls or messages.
The user will have the following features:
- Select alert sound.
- Edit vibration settings.
- Allow or cancel pop-up warning labels. A special function is to display information in the middle of the screen.
- Set the color for visual alerts if the phone has this feature.
- Select the most important notifications. The function is available on devices with the Android 5.0 platform and in newer versions. This option is used to turn off notifications that appear in the upper half of the screen..
When disabling priority notifications, the recipient will not stop receiving them, but they will be displayed in the middle of the screen.
How to change the notification sound in WhatsApp
In the functions of the “Vatsap” application, each subscriber can choose any sound that will notify of calls or incoming messages. This is done both for groups and for individual contacts. Functions are available for Android phones and more..
To open the desired section:
- Go to the messenger.
- At the top of the screen on the right, find the icon marked with 3 dots. By clicking on it, you will be taken to “Settings”.
- Select the “Notifications” option and go to the section with sounds.
When the sound menu opens, you can configure the following functions in it:
- Turn on the audio alert in chat while receiving or sending messages.
- Set as you wish the notification sound for a specific contact, increase or decrease the volume.
- Replace sound signals with vibration.
- Exclude Popups.
- Choose icon color.
- Turn off sound alerts.
How to activate vibration and change notification color
If the input signal on the phone is too loud and you want to switch it to vibration:
- Select the “Settings” option by clicking on the button marked with an ellipsis.
- In the window that appears, click on the “Notifications” tab.
- Find the line “Vibration” and choose a convenient option.
To change the color, you need to follow the same algorithm, with the exception of the last paragraph. In it, instead of vibration, you need to select the option “Light”.
How to put a specific notification sound on a specific contact
In the Votsap messenger, you can configure separate audio signals for contacts. To find out who is sending the message, you don’t even need to look at the screen: it will be enough to hear the sound.
When installing an audio signal, it is allowed to adjust it according to 3 parameters:
- Type of melody.
- Vibration mode.
- Color Alert Icons.
To set the desired melody, the actions are as follows:
- Go to Votsap.
- Open chat for which you want to change the sound of notifications.
- Click on the name of the chat.
- After going to the page with the subscriber’s profile, click on the line for the “Custom Sound” parameter.
- In the window that appears, select the desired melody.
- At the top of the screen, click on the save button..
All sounds can be heard before the final choice of any option..
How to completely disable all Vatsap notifications
To turn off unnecessary alerts, do the following:
- Go to the messenger menu.
- Open settings section.
- Select “Alerts”.
- Set the necessary parameters.
In this section, the user can not only completely disable any sounds, but also replace them with others.
How to turn off notifications in a group or chat
In order not to receive alerts about any changes in the application, they are disabled.
To do this, you will need:
- Press and hold any of the chats (group or individual).
- At the top of the screen on the right, find the icon labeled “Silent”.
- If you don’t want to see notifications on the screen, uncheck the option “Show notifications”.
How to turn off the sound of notifications in “Vatsap”
If you do not want to receive sound alerts, and vibration is not needed, the function can be turned off.
The actions are as follows:
- Open chat tab.
- Select the desired contact and hold it..
- Click on the “Silent” icon..
- Uncheck the box next to the option to display notifications.
WhatsApp provides convenient options for installing and editing audio. You can upgrade the settings at the request of the user, increase or decrease the volume, and perform other actions.