How to change the font in WhatsApp
Vatsap messenger is one of the most popular applications for Internet communication. Developers are constantly working to improve its work, adding new features. One of them is the ability to use different font styles, such as strikethrough text in WhatsApp. In addition to choosing the type of spelling, you can also change the color, size or make the letters inverted. All this is used to personalize the written, create your own style, as well as in advertising mailings..
- 1 How to cross out whatsapp
- 2 How to make bold in WhatsApp
- 3 How to write in italics
- 4 How to change the font in Vatsap
- 5 How to write in different fonts
- 6 How to change font color
- 7 How to make a quote
- 8 How to make inverted text
- 9 How to copy and paste text in Vatsap
- 10 Highlight text in WhatsApp using characters
How to cross out whatsapp
One of the standard font types set by developers is strikethrough. It is needed, for example, to give emotional message.
You can cross out a word in correspondence in 2 simple ways:
- highlight with symbols;
- use command.
To cross out a sentence, simply put a tilde sign in front of its beginning and at the end. It looks like this – “~”.
To use the command you need:
- Type message.
- Select the desired part and hold your finger on it for a few seconds.
- Click on 3 points.
- Select Strikethrough.
After sending, the written will take the desired form.
How to make bold in WhatsApp
The scheme for using this type of text formatting is no different from the previous one. You can use the character code “*”.
In order to activate the command, you need:
- After typing a message, select the whole word or sentence.
- Hold your finger on it.
- Click on 3 points.
- Select “Bold”.
How to write in italics
Italics can also be formatted using characters, in this case you need to use the underscore – “_”.
To select writing in italics through the internal settings of the program, select the text, in the window that appears, click 3 dots and then the item with the corresponding name.
How to change the font in Vatsap
You can use third-party applications, for example, to create messages in the form of Morse code, mirrored text, iridescent design, and many others. dr.
WhatsA font settings.
The developers could not add the ability to significantly edit the design of the conversation, but provided for a general change in font size for all messages (both yours and the interlocutor). This function is useful for people with low vision..
To increase the font in “Vatsap”, you should:
- Open the application settings by clicking on 3 vertical dots in the upper right corner.
- Select “Chats”.
- Find the section “Font Size” and go to it.
- Choose the option that suits you best. There are 3 of them: small, medium and large.
- Close settings and use the application with a convenient text format.
How to write in different fonts
Another secret of the messenger is the ability to use several types of design at once. For example, you can make bold italics and cross it out.
It is easy to do this both on smartphones on Android and on iPhone. You only need knowledge of the highlight characters.
To use several types of design at the same time:
- Write some message.
- Select the area you want from 2 sides with an asterisk sign – for bold design, underscore – for italics or tilde – for strikethrough.
After all the manipulations, the text in the message box may look ~ _ * Like this ~ _ *. Character order is not important.
How to change font color
The function of writing in colored letters is not built into the program itself, but you can use a special application, for example Text Art.
Text Art Program.
To change the color, follow these instructions:
- Download the program for Android or iOS.
- With the program open, select “Edit Text”.
- Enter the desired message and use the built-in features to give it a suitable look.
- Be sure to check how it looks before sending by clicking on the “Preview” button.
- Send a message to your interlocutor using the function “Send to WhatsApp”.
Through this application, you can not only set the color, but also flexibly edit all the parameters. This design will be useful, for example, in a newsletter.
How to make a quote
The ability to quote allows you to link to the messages of your interlocutor or demonstrate which one you are responding to at that moment. A useful function helps out not only in personal correspondence, but also in group chat.
In order to use a quote, you should:
- Click on the message you want to quote..
- Hold your finger on it until the edit menu appears at the top..
- Click on the left arrow so that the quote will be attached to your message when replying, or on the right – to send the text to another conversation.
- Write an answer and send it in the standard way.
It is possible to forward the message to the chat where it is already contained. This will duplicate the quote without your comment..
How to make inverted text
This formatting can be used to surprise friends or create an atmosphere of secrecy in the newsletter. For example, a secret promotional code will look spectacular with a similar spelling.
It’s easy to flip text in Votsap, despite the fact that this function is not built into the application itself.
- Download and open the Upside Down app. It doesn’t matter on Android, iPhone or PC.
- Enter a message in the left window.
- Click on the “Convert” button.
- Copy the result and paste into the correspondence in the application.
How to copy and paste text in Vatsap
The citation method is not always justified. If your message is large, and you need to forward only some part of it, it is more convenient to use the copy function.
To copy and paste text in Vatsap, you need to:
- Select the desired part of the message by holding your finger on it.
- Correct what needs to be copied. Check that all necessary words are highlighted in dark.
- Touch Copy.
- Open correspondence where you want to forward part of the text.
- Press and hold your finger in the message entry window until the menu appears.
- Choose the Paste command.
- Format the entry if necessary and send it.
The algorithm is also suitable for copying information from sites, from other applications or personal notes on the same device.
Highlight text in WhatsApp using characters
Changing the font format with a command is not always possible. For example, in the browser or computer version of the application, such a function is not provided, but is available on any of the smartphone platforms.
Types of characters and inclusion selection:
- * – bold;
- _ – italics;
- ~ – crossed out;
To change the text in this way, it is enough to put the necessary characters on both sides of the sentence or select the necessary part of the message.