How to change contact name in whatsapp
WhatsApp is widely used as a modern way of communication, allowing its users to make free calls, send messages, and actively communicate in group chats. At the same time, communication with a wide range of people involves anonymity or, conversely, the need to identify the interlocutors, and then the question may arise how to change the name in Vatsap.
How to change your name in Votsap
Each user of Vatsap during registration already has his own designation. To change the existing name, you need to go to the menu by clicking on the three vertical dots in the upper right corner. Next, in the “Settings” tab, you need to find your name, next to it click on the image of a writing pencil. After that, you can edit it, saving the desired replacement option by clicking on the “OK” or “Finish” icon. Someone edits it in a message for visual clarity and copies it by transfer to the desired field.
A beautiful and unusual nickname in Vatsap will attract the attention of interlocutors and will be remembered for a long time. In this case, in the privacy settings, you can limit the visibility of your status, nickname or photo.
Renaming contacts in Votsap
The ability to rename a contact in Whatsapp is provided by the parameters of this messenger. However, user actions for renaming users vary slightly. It depends on the technical characteristics of a particular means of communication..
You can change the name of the Vatsap contact on a smartphone in two stages:
- rename user;
- refresh list.
To change the name, you need to start the messenger, open the chat section and go to the contact information by clicking on the avatar. Another way is to select a name at the top of the menu after opening chat.
On the user information page, you need to open the settings (three vertically located dots in the upper right corner) or click on the pencil icon (on smartphones with IOS operating system). Next, click on the “Change” button, write a new name and then “Save”.
Change the name of a contact via phone.
That the interlocutor in Vatsap began to be displayed with a new name, it is necessary to update the lists. To do this, open a new chat, then go to settings and select the “Update” command. After a few seconds, all the changes made will be displayed in the application. Similarly, you can change the nickname of the group.
If you have access to a personal computer, then rename the user as follows:
- In the main window of the messenger, click on the “Contacts” section.
- From the list presented, select the required user.
- Touch profile icon. A window with subscriber data will open.
- Press the first button on the left, located at the bottom of the screen, then – the button with the image of three vertical points.
- In the context menu, select the Edit option..
- Delete the old name and enter a new nickname.
- Click the “Finish” button. The subscriber’s nickname will be changed in the application and in the smartphone.
If the desktop version of Whatsapp is installed on the personal computer, it will be impossible to edit the subscriber’s name. This is due to the fact that the computer will not be able to synchronize information from the smartphone. The solution is to edit the name on the mobile device. After making changes on the phone, the data in the PC messenger is automatically synchronized.
Why is the contact name not visible
If the nickname of the interlocutor is not displayed during communication, then you should check the Vatsap settings. To do this, you must:
- Open the “Applications and notifications” tab in the messenger settings menu.
- Find Vatsap application and enable permissions for access to number and phone.
What to do if contact names are not displayed in Vatsap
Setting the contacts tab in WhatsApp.
If you cannot see user names when viewing messages in Votsap, then the cause may be a temporary software malfunction, which happens on Samsung Galaxy devices and other Android phones. This error is automatically corrected when using the phone later..
You should also carefully check the contact of the interlocutor and, if necessary, change the number in vatsap. If the error reading the names persists, you must perform the following steps:
- Update the list of interlocutors in Vatsap.
- Reset sync.
- Allow Watsapu access to the phone book list.
- Update Watsup.
The above steps should be repeated if similar errors occur in the future..
How to configure WhatsApp chat to display name
To always see the Whatsapp nickname when communicating in a group chat, do the following:
- Correctly indicate the phone number of a friend with the mandatory mention of the country code
- Make sure you have permission to show hidden contacts: “Menu” – “Settings” – “Contacts”. In the “All contacts” section, check the box “Allow use of hidden contacts”.
- Refresh contact list (click on “Menu” and “Refresh”).