Features of the Whatsapp application on Windows Phone
Thanks to free instant messengers, we can communicate not only at a meeting, but also being far from each other.
Less active users of the application are the owners of the Windows Phone OS. So, for the first quarter of 2017, only 0.1% of the world’s population used the operating system. The OS of the program has its own characteristics that you should know.
Let’s see how whatsapp download on windows phone.
Features of the operating system Windows Phone
Windows Phone smartphones have not been released since 2015. The operating system is outdated, so in the article “WhatsApp is ending support for Windows Phone, and old Android / iOS devices”, the developers of the program announced that they no longer support all versions of the system software.
You can no longer download Vatsap from the official Windows Market application store – only from third-party sources (program, apk file).
How to install whatsapp on windows phone
Whatsapp on Windows Phone.
Installing a program does not take much time. You can download it for free from our website..
- Download file to smartphone.
- Go to Settings.
- In the “Security” section, check the box “Unknown sources”.
- Click on the downloaded file. Whatsapp icon appears in application menu.
- Open the program. Enter login – phone number. Within a minute, SMS will come. If the message does not arrive, check the login: are you wrong with the number.
- When the code does not arrive, request activation by a call. To do this, click the appropriate button..
After registration, start communication.
WhatsApp program description
Vatsap is a cross-platform messenger for communication. It allows you to talk with the interlocutor at a distance, share media files for free.
The interface of Vatsap is different from the usual Android and IOS users. The background of the application is black, and all the icons are turquoise. The visual design of the messenger is simple but convenient.
For smartphones, the latest version of the program is available – 2.19.229. Previous options stopped working last year.
Install Whatsapp on Windows Phone.
Messenger is available for Windows Phone 7.5, 7.8, 8, 8.1. The application will install on the following phones with this OS: Nokia Lumia, Samsung Focus, Samsung Omnia, ZTE Orbit, ZTE Tania.
When downloading, make sure that you are connected to a stable network. If there are crashes, restart the Internet. To do this, turn on airplane mode for a couple of seconds (or turn off the Wi-Fi adapter).
How to download whatsapp
The application is installed as follows:
1. Download the file to your smartphone.
2. Open “Phone Settings”.
3. Go to “Security”.
4. Near the inscription “Unknown sources” check.
If you downloaded the messenger to the computer, then connect the smartphone to it using the USB cable. From the computer, transfer the file to the phone, then repeat steps 2-4.
How to install the application
To install WhatsApp, click on the downloaded file. The green messenger icon will appear in the application menu. Next, go to registration.
Registration and connection
To register or enter Vatsap, you need a phone number. This is the login. Enter it – within a minute an SMS will arrive with the code that you need to specify in the pop-up window.
If the message does not arrive, check if there are errors in the phone number.
You can order activation using a call. To do this, click the appropriate button..
WhatsApp Benefits & Features
WhatsApp for Windows Phone is not limited in functionality.
For the user are available:
- sending text and voice messages;
- media sharing. Upload, delete photos, videos, music;
- creating group chats. Here, more than two people communicate with each other;
- creating a Vatsap channel – a chat that allows you to send messages to an unlimited number of subscribers. The author does not receive feedback: subscribers cannot comment on the message, like;
- status change;
- Add people to your contacts list directly in the application;
- audio, video calls.
Whatsapp features on Windows Phone.
The application works from a 3G, 4G, GPRS or Wi-FI network.
You cannot transfer WhatsApp chat history from Windows Phone to Android or iPhone. A backup of the message history is not possible because the formats are incompatible. Correspondence is saved only in Word / Google Documents / Notepad.
- Download the computer version of Watsap from the official website:
- For Windows: go to your browser’s download history and open the file with the extension “.exe”;
- For macOS: visit your browser’s download history and open the file with the extension “.zip”.
- Sync with your phone. To do this, scan the QR code: Chats -> Menu -> Whatsapp web.
- Open Word / Google Documents / Notes.
- Copy all correspondence with ctrl + c.
- Paste the text by pressing ctrl + v.
- Save file.
If you want to transfer WhatsApp chat history to your new Windows Phone from your old one, use an SD card or One Drive. To do this, manually backup the chats.
SD card. Open the messenger. Click the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen. -> “Settings” -> Chats and calls -> Backup copy.
One Drive Open Vatsap. Click the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen. -> open “Settings” -> Chats and calls -> Backup copy.
Now do the following:
- Choose frequency of automatic copying.
- Click Copy.
- If you want to save video files, tap “Enabled”.
Make a copy of messages before you transfer WhatsApp to Windows Phone.
All functions are available in Vatsap Windows Background, the program is free. Impossible to transfer data from one OS to another: invalid format.
In 2020, Whatsapp cannot be downloaded to Windows Phone, because the amount spent on supporting the messenger does not pay off. Give preference to new operating systems – Android and IOS. On these OS Vatsap is downloaded from the official Play Market or App Store application stores.